The first steps in the financial market, after repeated reading of the professional literature and obtaining fundamental knowledge, are due to an acquaintance with the trading terminal. It is on this software that a beginner fix api trader makes his first transactions and conducts an analysis of financial assets. For most traders, this acquaintance begins with the fix api MT4 terminal.
MT4 is quite intuitive for beginners, but you need to learn how to work in it. That is why, in today’s review, I will analyze this platform. We will learn all the necessary functionality for the trader, as well as hidden moments in the work of this software.
MT4trading platform is an integrated tool for financial markets analysis, through which you can conduct both manual and algorithmic trading. The platform has its own development environment, as well as the ability to connect third-party programs for optimization of each trader, which makes it customizable for everyone.
So, let’s now analyze the key features and parameters of the MT4trading platform:
- To start with, you should understand that MT4 is intended primarily for working in the fix apiforex market, as well as with the CFD contracts. Therefore, if your trading strategy is based on trading currency pairs, you can safely choose this software.
- MT4 has several ways of opening trading operations, namely sell stop, buy stop, sell limit, buy limit. This allows you to flexibly approach the asset analysis and the opening of transactions.
- Speaking about analysis, the program has a number of built-in indicators for this purpose that can be divided into trend, oscillators, volumetric, and user. But the most important thing is that you can connect your indicators, and with the help of the development environment, you can create addition to the already existing indicator. That’s why MT4 became so popular. The ability to more flexibly impose their mathematical interpretations on the chart attracted the attention of million fix api traders.
- Interaction with the external environment. If you need quotes in current time in excel, then you can download them directly from MT4. The reverse process is also possible, when you add the history of quotes in the software.
- Ability to test strategies directly in the trading platform (https://www.metatrader4.com/en/automated-trading/strategy-tester). There are many individual programs that a trader purchases in order to analyze the performance of a forecasting tool. But with MT4, you can analyze the historical data in the terminal itself.
- Ability to trade using fixapi. This approach suits you if you use an algorithmic approach in your trading. Fix api will provide you more relevant and accurate data in the form of quotations, which is an important indicator for some trade robots.
- The most important and unique in my opinion disadvantage in MetaTrader 4 is the lack of a glass of prices. This does not allow us to analyze the depth of the market, as well as the actual volumes. However, there are additional developments in the form of auxiliary scripts that solve this problem.
- Well, one of the main advantages of this platform is a direct connection to MQL, because this resource is a MT4developer. Therefore, you can easily subscribe to the trading signals or download and install a trading robot.
MT4 trading platform allows you to conduct a quick and qualitative analysis of financial assets thanks to the individual approach to each trader. A wide list of features and analysis tools raise this platform among the rest of the software. If you are just starting to get acquainted with the financial market, then this platform is just for you.